Back to school sales already?
Yes, the stores are stocking shelves with glue sticks, scissors, markers, notebooks, all those back to school necessities.
Where has summer gone?
Because as you know, once those things are on the shelves, it isn’t long until the school routine begins.
And we are not ready.
Oh, we have our curriculum and I am going to take advantage of those back to school deals today when I go grocery shopping.
But ready?
Oh no, we are not ready to give up fun days at the library enjoying the summer reading program specials.
Or days at the park and river with friends.
Or community festivals with our friends and family.
Or swimming with friends.
Or just hanging out at home working in the garden.
We are not ready to give up those wonderful carefree days of summer.
So if we are missing here it is because we are soaking up every last minute of our carefree days.
Because they will be ending all too soon…
9 comments:
Sweet days indeed!!!
We're not ready either...blissfully NOT ready!! :) :) Enjoy your summer!!
I noticed that the last time I went to Walmart, and my reaction was the same as yours!
I saw that!!!
I am so not ready! I am finally decompressing from the school year now...I need just a teeny, tiny bit more time to relax! ;o)
Enjoy your time, Lecia
Love, kristin
Oh go enjoy, go enjoy!! I sooo agree!!
Love your garden goodies and your pool looks so refreshing in these humid days we have had.
~Cinnamon
Just today, my older boys were talking about how the summer will be ending soon. I love the carefree days and totally LOVE the fresh veggies.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Yes, enjoy every minute! We are loving our summer too! It's nice not to have to fight my daughter to do homework!
I love this post....especially since I can see pictures of a real summer! We've had almost no summer weather at all here. It's been overcast, rainy and chilly most of the time and when we've had nice weather the temps have remained in the upper sixties, low seventies for the most part. We've had just a few days where it's reached temps over 75 and one day when it reached 80. I can't complain though. I prefer the comfort of cooler temps haha. I do hope we get some warm enough weather to enjoy the beach and some picnics though. LOVE this post. It's really sweet and it looks like you are truly enjoying a wonderful summer. Thanks for sharing!
We are NOT ready either! I just began my planning for the upcoming school year yesterday. It is going to be a tough one! For the first time, I will have all 5 of my children doing school at the same time. I have to work on a schedule for us, so that we will actually get everything done each day. I have slipped into more of a routine for school days rather than a strict schedule, but I am thinking that for this year, a schedule complete with times, will work better for us. I will have two high schoolers who will need to manage their time wisely.
I have enjoyed my time off from school---but the 4 weeks have flown by! Just flown!
I better get to work! :)
Have a great day!
Roan
Post a Comment