Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Friday, January 7, 2011

A God Paced Life

I am starting a new bible study, Becoming a Woman of Simplicity by Cynthia Heard.

Becoming a Woman of Simplicity

Cynthia’s definition of a woman of simplicity is one who lives a God-paced life.

I am very excited about doing this study. Because I don’t think I truly understand simplicity. My definition of simplicity is paring down both possessions and activities as much as possible. And maybe that can be a part of living more simply for some. But I think it is so much more. A quote in the beginning of the book by Donald S. Whitney ends with this statement, “All the reasons we simplify should lead us to Jesus Christ.” I have so much to learn and I am so excited to discover all that God has for me in this study.

I encourage you to join the women over At The Well for the new feature Fixing Your Heart on Titus 2. The project this week is to spend at least thirty minutes in Bible reading and prayer.

I hope to share with you each week what I am learning as I go through this study and as I take part in the projects over At The Well. What are you studying as we begin this new year?

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Hopefully the same thing {wink}

Adriane said...

I'm excited to read about what you will share from this book. I have some other books by this same author - I think Woman of Purpose and maybe Woman of Prayer or something like that. I've not read all the way through them. Right now I'm trying to do the read through the Bible in 90 days but at my rate it will be more like 120 or more because I like to follow the verses to other verses instead of reading straight through. It helps me to understand it better. And I'm also using a book that shows you how to study the Bible in depth. I'm not sure of the name right now. I've started with the book of James. I seem to always need that book. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you shared this. I will have to check into that book and the Titus 2.

Farming On Faith said...

It sounds like a wonderful study.

My Pastor says the same thing.
Have a blessed Lord's day.

Collette said...

I've read Excellence & Prayer and they were very helpful - so I will be interested to hear about Simplicity! Currently: Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman by Elizabeth George (prov.31).

~Kristin~ said...

Lecia,
Thanks for the "sweet" comment you left me over at Sweet Country Life! I did a little scanning of your blog as well, but will have to come back and spend some time later as I am supposed to be getting us ready for church and our lunch to follow. I am a multi-tasker for sure! ;o)
I am going to have to check this book out. I'm afraid that since my kids range in age from twenty to two and I turned 40 ~cough~ this year...I am becoming the Titus 2 women. I think I may be turning into my mom! ;o)
Hope to see you again!
Happy Sunday!

Kristina said...

I am reading the same book! It is so good! I hope we can share thoughts and questions and such with each other as we go through it!

~Kristina

Lecia said...

Kristina, I would love to get your thoughts on the book as you study through it. I hope to post here weekly about what I am learning.

Collette, I love Elizabeth George. Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman is something I would like to read.

Kristin, I can relate to having such a wide range in ages of your children. It makes for some interesting days!

Adrian, Keep me updated on how the Read your bible in 90 days is going. I wanted to start that this year, and I may at some point. I know for me it will be a huge undertaking to do this. I may do it during the summer when I seem to have more time in my day. (Okay, not really but I can dream!)

Christin said...

Hi Leia! Thanks so much for stopping by Joyful Mothering.

I am going to read a book by Sally Clarkson called Seasons of a Mother's Heart. I am really looking forward to it!

Blessings to you!

Christin said...

Oh I'm so sorry! I spelled your name wrong!! I meant to put Lecia!! Beautiful name, btw! :)

Lecia said...

Christin,

No problem, thanks! It is actually pronounced Lisa, just spelled differently. You would not believe the different ways people say it!hahaha

Related Posts with Thumbnails