Winter arrived this weekend. Not with lovely snow but blustery winds and COLD temps.
We’ve had an unusually mild winter so the cold temps seemed especially harsh.
Hope and I braved the cold and wind and went for a walk Saturday.
We collected a few pine cones along the way.
We made a few bird feeders.
We tried making one with a paper tube (idea I found on Pinterest) and it worked really well.
We braved the bitter wind again to hang the feeders. (Can you tell it was COLD?)
I really like the way the tube just slips over a branch.
Once inside Hope grabbed her journal and wrote about our adventure. Without me even asking her to. Blesses my heart to see her so excited about learning. It is so much a part of our day she doesn’t think of it as “school”. It is just what we do.
The temperature is suppose to warm up a bit again this week.
Maybe an early spring?
4 comments:
I'm cold just looking at that darlin! I hope it warms up for Tuesday! Great to see fun things happening there!!!
These cold temps have been a shock! I am looking forward to seeing you Tuesday!
Would you believe that my oldest child is almost 17, I am in my 11th year of homeschooling, and we have never made birdfeeders?? That looks so simple, and I know all of my children would love doing that! We may do that today! :) And then I think I will ask my younger children to write about it in their journals when we do school Monday. (We are off today).
I got the recipe for the bacon and spinach penne pasta from my real life friend's blog, Meal Planning With Connie. It's on my bloglist. She has a sidebar on the left with all of her recipes. They are listed in categories, so you should find it easily. I use a lot of her recipes. They are delicious.
Have a good day! Stay warm!
Roan,
Thanks so much! Have fun making those feeders.
Post a Comment