Lots of changes has been going on in our family.
We will soon be adding a new addition to our family. Our son Sterling and his wife Ashley will soon be having a little peanut. (My name for the new little one.) Since I am way too young to be called grandma (I can pretend right?? This is what you get when you are a young mama.) I think I will be called LaLa or LeLe. Of course I am sure he or she will come up with their own name for me. It will be fun to spoil Peanut and then send him/her home and get a full night of sleep.
Sterling and Ashley are both serving the Lord in their church and it truly blesses my heart that they will be raising this little one for His glory.
Seth graduated from college in May as a Respiratory Therapist. He moved out recently leaving a huge emptiness in our home. I truly miss our chats, having coffee together, or just seeing him sit and study at the desk for hours. Thankfully he is still in the same county and I can see him often. Hope is really missing her Sethy time. They have always been so close and she is lost without him. But I know God has big things for him. He is serving in his church through praise and worship, looking forward to doing more missions, and has shared a few messages. God is good and is giving him many opportunities to serve and learn under his awesome pastors. I can’t say enough good things about the people in this church. They have truly mentored our two sons in amazing ways and I am so thankful for the love they have shown them.
Erica will be getting married to Adam at the end of September. I think it was yesterday she would yell from her room each night to turn the “chicken” (kitchen) light off. How can she be getting married???
I just can’t believe two are moving out in such a short time. My heart is sad. But this is what I have been doing all these years right? Raising them to be God loving adults ready to go out and serve Him in whatever way He calls. And I know they are ready. I am just going to miss having all those people under our roof. Makes me a little sad for Hope too. She has a lot of adjusting to do losing both her Ella and her Seth in such a short time. But we serve a faithful God and I know He has something big for our family. I want to focus on moving forward for Him.
2 comments:
(typing over a baby's flailing arms) love this -- so glad you are back here, and for sharing this update on your family!
Hi there! Visiting from Dawn's blog...such a beautiful space you have here. Enjoyed meeting your beautiful family! : )
Post a Comment