Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Moving Forward

Graduations are all around us right now. Sterling’s soon to be wife Ashley graduated college, friends’ children, my niece, and Ryan’s girlfriend graduated high school, and last but certainly not least my own Ryan graduated high school.

I am not going to turn this into a sappy post. I have lots of thoughts running around in my head right now. Sadness at my baby growing up, happiness and joy at the young man he is becoming, and regrets over the MANY mistakes I have made and the failures and shortcomings on my part as I look back over the years. Didn’t I just say I am not turning this into a sappy post?  SmileIt is time to look forward to all the great things the Lord has in the future of these young men and women.

We recently had a graduation party here with family and friends.

089

The Graduates: Ashley, Ryan, Emily, Ashley, and Karissa

034

036

042

044

051

062

082

085

116

123

It was great getting together with family and friends, enjoying good food, games, and a bonfire as we celebrated the efforts of these young people. I love each of these young people and can’t wait to see what the upcoming year holds for them!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Sally said...

looks like a great time!

Cinnamon said...

Oh yes I totally understand this post. I had all those same feelings of regret and sadness. It's heart wrenching to realize you're time is up. Well not up, but a new phase is starting and the old one, where they live with you and they are under your care, is gone.

It teaches me to spend more time with the ones that are still at home. Those moments with them will matter in the end.

Looking forward with you~

~Cinnamon

Amanda said...

I love that you opened your home for such a special thing.
I loveed reading what cinnamon wrote too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails