Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Mother's Day
I am late getting up my Mother's Day post. Erica got a new camera over the weekend and I have been waiting for her to upload the pictures. (She was behind the camera so this is why I have no pictures of her!) Ricky and the children worked very hard to make Mother's Day very special for me. We went to church then came home to cook out with the family. Flowers, a bear, gift card, and a camera (for all those blogging pictures) were waiting for me. The best gift of all was knowing that Ricky and the children were making such an effort to make the day special. When they ask what I want for Mother's Day each year I have always told them peace and quiet. Well, they did make an effort at peace, they tried very hard not to bicker. But our household is never quiet. As I spent time with my family laughing and enjoying ourselves I realized quiet is something I really don't want. I love my lively household full of fun and laughter. It would be a very lonely place without it. So next year when they ask what I want I will simply say, "Peace and the sound of our family having a great time together!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Amen! I couldn't agree with you more. It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day & that's such a blessing. :) Love all the pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. (((Hugs)))
I wish I could have been there with you guys!
It sounds like a great day. I crave quiet sometimes and then when I have it, I miss the noise! So I completely agree with your closing statement!
Wish you could have been here too Brittany! Mother's DAy isn't the same without you!
Post a Comment