Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Monday, May 24, 2010

“Lizard” Of Oz And Rainbow Chasing

We had a rainy, stormy weekend here which was perfect weather for a good movie. While we were in DC last week I had Hope look for Dorothy's shoes from the Wizard of Oz in the American History Museum.

DSCN2534

She was so excited when she found them and immediately started begging to watch the “Lizard” of Oz when we got home. So Sunday afternoon I put the movie in for her and Erica took care of her while Ricky and I went on a little country drive. We rarely get these little “dates” so it was a real treat.

While we were out we spotted a storm heading our way. It was beautiful to see the storm brewing ahead of us.

DSCN2490

We spotted a rainbow and Ricky commented how unusual it would be to see a double rainbow. In a few minutes a double rainbow appeared.

DSCN2484 DSCN2492

As we drove closer we realized everywhere we went the rainbow was either in front of us or following beside us. I have never been “chased” by a rainbow before.

DSCN2500 DSCN2501

4 comments:

Amanda said...

My favorite post!
I love that you and Ricky have been married so long and still take the time to spend time together!{SMILE}
Yes...this is why you are my Titus 2 mentor...
BEEYOUTIFUL Photos!
They look like something out of a magazine!!!!

BS said...

There was not gold at the end of that rainbow:( Darn.

Lecia said...

Thanks Amanda, I am learning something from you and Erica about picture taking. At least I stopped chopping people's heads off!

Brittany, Your dad had the same thought, Where is the pot of gold???hahaha

Tiffany said...

Love the pictures. I can just hear dorothy singing, "somewhee over the rainbow!". Brother Iz does a great version too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails