We’ve had a very busy few days here at our home. Friday night I hosted MOMS’ night for our homeschool group. We had wonderful food and great conversation. Of course no pictures. I must say I wasn’t feeling my best due to some issues with pain in my neck so I was not the best hostess. Not only was I not very talkative (anyone who knows me knows this is NOT like me at all!) but I didn’t take pictures. There were several things I wanted to focus on as we discussed being a Proverbs 31 woman, but the combination of the pain medication and the pain left me less than 100%.
Saturday Hope had a soccer game. All of my children have played soccer (except Brittany who played softball) and they all have done well. Hope, on the other hand has no interest in soccer. Or anything group related for that matter. She is too busy doing her own thing. She would much rather talk to other players, pick flowers, or talk to those sitting on the sidelines. Thankfully, she has a great coach who is very encouraging. She only touched the ball once, and that was when her coach had her do a throw in.
Sunday evening Brittany came home for a short visit. We had a great time catching up. We went to the college to play in the creek and watch the ducks.
The ducks thought we had a treat for them so they followed us EVERYWHERE! They were VERY upset when they found out we didn’t.
At one point the wind blew a feather across the grass. Hope chased after it saying,”Look, I caught a duck leaf!” I suppose she related the duck feather to a leaf blowing off a tree.
8 comments:
a duck leaf -- that's precious!
I am so sad to know that you were so uncomfortable -- you were a wonderful host, my dear! Are you feeling better? and wowsers, your oldest daughter looks so much like you -- beautiful!
Sally,
You are too kind! I suppose I am feeling some better. The pain is still pretty intense but I am back to talking so I know I must be on the mend!!haha
only the mind of a simple sweet child could come up with something so cool. I agree with Sally. Britany looks so much like you! Thanks for sharing your family!
I want to add also that you were an excellent hostess. (i love what you have done to your home!)It felt very cozy!I do have photos, but have yet to put them on my computer.
Thanks for opening up your home to us all!!!!(hugs))
HOpe you feel better soon!!!!
I have to agree also that Brittany looks very much like you. I love Hope's duck leaf! That is very cute. I hope you feel better soon.
Lecia!
I'm so glad you have a blog where I can keep up with you now!! LOL
Hope is just PRECIOUS!!!
Linda,
I am so glad you found me! I have missed "talking" to you. We should catch up although I know you have been so busy with those sweet little babies and getting your daughter ready to go off to college.
I really wished I had of washed my hair or perhaps put some makeup on before you took these pictures and posted them online haha.
Sorry Brittany! But you looked beautiful anyway!
Post a Comment