Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Friday, August 13, 2010

What We’ve Been Up To And A Late Happy Birthday Wish

We have been very busy here. That, as well as computer issues, kept me from posting a Happy 19th Birthday wish to our Erica, better known as Ella.

DSC_1057

Happy Birthday Ella!! We love you and are so proud of you!

Erica has been such a blessing to us. She is a hard worker, a talented photographer, devotes her time to loving and training at least 16 two year olds everyday in her preschool class, is a second mommy to Hope, and will someday be an amazing mommy and homemaker. But most importantly she has a heart for God and what He wants her to do.

So, what have we been up to that has kept us so busy?

DSCN3221 DSCN3217 DSCN3280 DSCN3284

Blueberry picking, freezing, and cobbler making

DSCN3345 DSCN3344

Damson jelly making, or in our case damson syrup making (yes, Ricky, jelly does need pectin)

DSCN3339 DSCN3340

And birthday celebrating

We’ve had a full couple of weeks around here. Now it is time to start cleaning out shelves and organizing curriculum for our upcoming school year.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the photo of Ricky and the children in the berry patch. Having a life of family fullness...there is nothing like it I tell! Great photos!!!!
Happy Birthday Erica!!!

Susan (Makincrafts) said...

Looks like lots of fun. I really enjoy picking blueberries. I am not really sure why but it is enjoyable. I am curious about the cake that looks like m and ms and kitkats. Did you make that and if so how? It looks yummy.
And Happy Birthday Erica!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to Ella! Those blueberries look so delicious! The cobbler too! Lucky you. :-) Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Jill

Adriane said...

We all love fresh blueberries around here. Store bought does not even compare to popping that fresh from the bush berry into your mouth. Mmmm...Looks like you all have been busy and having a good time too. I hope you have a great weekend!

Lecia said...

Thanks for all the kind comments and birthday wishes.

My sister-in-law made the cake. I will ask her for the recipe and bring it to co-op.

Related Posts with Thumbnails