Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Monday, September 6, 2010

Back To School (And Back To Blogging)

We are starting back to school tomorrow.

In some ways I am sad to be letting go of the more laid back days of summer.

But routine can be good.

The past couple of weeks I have been preparing for our school year by cleaning and organizing and setting up Hope’s school nook.

 DSCN3470 DSCN3471

I love the calendar. It is actually a combination of two calendars. I really wanted a pocket chart calendar but the one I bought was very basic, nothing like the bright colorful I already had. So I combined the two.

Our school nook is in the corner of the dining room/kitchen. This is where we spend most of our time.  And of course we really have no other place to put it. But I am learning (not very well at times I must admit) the very difficult lesson of being content with what the Lord has provided for our family at the time. (This could be another entire post!)

Ryan will be working in the family room on the computer and any other place he decides to work. There is no way to make 11th grade cute, or colorful, and he wouldn’t want me to if I could. But I do want things to be somewhat organized so we can find what we need.

Now that we are working on getting into a routine I hope to blog at least three times a week. Friday will be our weekly wrap-up so stop by for a visit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great wek. What curriculum do you use?

Amanda said...

It looks amazing! Your kitchen cuppoard is cute! I really like that calendar. It looks much better in your school nook than online. lol!

Looking forward to seeing you soon. I miss talking to you. since school has started we don't get to do much of it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails