I am so blessed to be home with my family and to spend my days caring for them. I am blessed to homeschool my children. But do my actions and attitudes really tell others that? More importantly, do my actions and attitudes tell my family how thankful I am to be home caring for them? Our actions and attitudes really do speak louder than our words.
I couldn’t sleep so I decided to catch up on some blog reading. One of my favorite places to visit is Raising Homemakers . Courtney really made me think about how I go about my daily activities and the message I am sending to my family through my attitudes and actions.
I want my family to know I love them and want to care for them. I want my daughters to see homemaking as a joyful service to our families. I don’t think my actions always show that. Today I am going to make an effort to go about my daily tasks with joy in my heart.
How do you show joy in what you do for your family each day?
5 comments:
I am having a moment. This was seriously meant for me to read. Very convicting at this time in my life. Thanks for sharing.
I am glad it helped someone. I actually needed to come back and read this myself over the weekend.
Thank you for sharing this, Lecia! It is an excellent reminder to have our attitudes in check. It's so easy to take our our frustrations on our family, but I know the Word says that it's a fool who gives full vent to his anger. I don't want to be a fool, but sometimes we just act like one before we really think. LOVE this post. Thanks so much! (((hugs))))
Jana you are so right. Sometimes the frustrations of life cause us to act before we think.
I am so thankful for you. My dear sweet "slightly older sister in Christ" You have taught me so much and you continue to each and every day.
Thank You for these lovely words today and a sweet reminder.
Post a Comment