Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Our Bee Field Trip And A New Hobby

Last week our homeschool group went on a wonderful field trip to learn about bees. There is nothing like getting together with other homeschooling families, sharing learning experiences, and having fun together. It was a beautiful morning and we were so blessed to enjoy the surroundings with our friends.

DSCN3925

I can’t even begin to repeat all of the information this man told us about bees. He is truly a wealth of information. Bees are WAY more fascinating than I ever imagined

DSCN3936 DSCN3935

DSCN3939 DSCN3941

.

Of course I am allergic to bees so all that swarming around made me a little nervous. But he warned us to just stand still if one landed on us and we wouldn’t get stung. As hard as that was to do it worked.

This field trip fit in perfectly with our homeschool co-op because we are currently reading about bees in our book club.

Yes, we have been very busy around here. Field trips, co-op classes, everyday schooling, soccer, and just enjoying life. Of course there has been a little time for Hope to develop a new hobby. She is following in her sister’s footsteps and has discovered photography.

DSCN3781 DSCN3762

She eventually moved on from shoes (I will spare you all the MANY pictures of shoes we have) to other areas of interest.

DSCN3798 DSCN3811

DSCN3816 DSCN3814

A couple of weeks ago we were learning about the sun and shadows. She was very proud she captured her shadow in this picture.

Amazing how much fun a little one can have with a camera!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't belive how close ya'll got to the bees!

I am so sorry I missed it.

Lookout, before long Hope will be writing and posting for your blog!

Lecia said...

We missed you tons Amanda! Yes, it was amazing how close we got. We had bees all around us.
I can see Hope doing just that!

BS said...

Haha I love her little pictures- I can just imagine the pictures of her shoes that you must have! Can't wait to see you guys next week!

Anonymous said...

What fun. I have the same little photographer wanna be. Smiles.

Lecia said...

Funny how little ones LOVE a camera!


Brittany,
She has pictures of EVERYONE'S shoes! I can't wait to see you either. Miss and Love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails