Our Saturday has not gone as planned.
We had a very full day planned. Hope had a soccer game, a soccer banquet, and her cousin’s birthday party.
We were looking forward to spending time having fun with family and friends.
Instead, this is how we spent our day.
Actually this is how we have been spending our week. Hope has been sick ALL week.
She seemed to be getting better mid-week, then took a downhill turn.
So we went to the doctor. Something we rarely do for a sick visit because we are rarely sick enough to actually see a doctor.
Poor baby, she has an ear infection (her first) and a bladder infection. She is on an antibiotic (another first for her).
She does seem to be feeling better. So we enjoyed a little fun time today as well.
We made homemade pizza. Don’t let the pictures fool you. I tried a new pizza crust recipe and it was less than desirable. (Feel free to share a great pizza crust recipe.)
We also enjoyed some craft time. But the highlight of the day…Toy Story 3. (Of course we watched in last night too.) If you haven’t seen this movie, it is soooo cute!
Ricky had to work so he couldn’t enjoy the day with us. As a realtor he often works weekends and evenings. We miss him but I really appreciate how hard he works so I can be home. (He did get to watch Toy Story 3 last night. Even he thought it was a great movie.)
I think Hope is finally on the mend. Which is a great thing because we are getting a little cabin fever around here. I am a homebody, but even I am ready to get out after being in for a week!
4 comments:
we seen the movies Friday Night for family night. It was cute.
I hope all gets better soon.
Thinking of you all...
The pizzas look excellent!
I was well pleased with all the creativity that went into the movie. It is a great movie for famiy night.
Amanda, the pizza looks better than it tasted.
Lecia, I'm glad that Hope is getting better. I hope she continues to feel even better here soon.
And when you find a good pizza crust recipe, please let us know. I have a recipe but it needs "something". I just don't know what!
Post a Comment