Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankful

I am happy to report that after TWO weeks of being sick, several visits to the doctor, numerous tests, and even more prayers, Hope is feeling better. She has been suffering from an ear infection as well as what turned out to be a nasty UTI. Poor baby has hardly felt up to playing or doing much of anything. We would think she was feeling better and suddenly she would start running a fever again. But, she has now been THREE days with no fever. I am so thankful for modern medicine. Don’t get me wrong, I am all about not taking medication unless it is really needed, but when we do need it I am very thankful we have access to it.

Hope spent her Saturday enjoying our beautiful weather.

  737728

I am also very thankful for some new construction going on around here,  for guys (my husband and sons) who know construction, and for a husband who has worked hard to plan and make it happen.

749

We are tight on space and this new addition will give us much needed room.

While the guys worked on the new addition Saturday I spent the day cooking some yummy food for them to enjoy when they took a much needed break. Hope and I made fried chicken, peas, corn, mashed potatoes, and two peach cobblers. Sorry no pictures of the food. With this many hard working guys food never stays around long enough to photograph it!

6 comments:

BS said...

I can't believe how much all of the boys look like each other. Wish I could be there to watch this room be built!
And I am SO glad that you and my little princess are feeling better :)

Lecia said...

I know! Don't they look so much alike?!
Wish you could be here too. I will tell your little princess you are thinking of her.
Love you!!

Adriane said...

I am glad that Hope is feeling better. It is so tough to see the little ones sick, isn't it?

And YAY on the new addition. I would LOVE to add on to our house!

Sally said...

I wondered what you all were constructing up there, with the pink sign up! Yay for more room...and more stuff? LOL! Who gets this room?
So glad Hope is finally better!

Amanda said...

What beautiful pictures of Hope!

I am happy,happy,happy that she is feeling better. The funny thing is during the entire time she hardly complained a bit. Oh what I could learn from children.
What time is dinner? lol

Great photo of your boys hard at work...something to be proud of.

Lecia said...

Adrian, we kept thinking we were moving so we put off building on. But until the Lord plants us elsewhere we are here so we are making the best of our space.

Sally, Ricky and I are taking the new room and leaving HOpe in our room. Sooo excited to have a room of my own again!

Amanda, You are right, we can learn so much from children! Yes, I am very proud of those boys. Their dad has instilled a great work ethic in them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails