It is time to pull out those sleds, snow boots, gloves, and hats for a little snowy fun.
We had several inches of snow starting on Christmas day. It didn’t take long for my crew to head out for a little fun. (Of course I was inside, suffering from a nasty stomach virus I just can’t seem to get over and Ricky was down with his back so we missed out on the fun.)
Now that Christmas is over and everyone is heading back to the regular routine it is also that time of year for boredom to set in. If you are a homeschooling family you know exactly what I mean. The newness of the school year has worn off, the excitement of Christmas is over, and if you are having lots of snow or frigid temperatures, cabin fever may even be setting in.
I am in the process of evaluating where we are in our school year and changing some things up a bit. If you are finding yourself in that mid-year slump maybe the following links will give you the encouragement you need.
http://proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/2010/12/planning-and-preparing-for-new-year.html
http://heartofthematteronline.com/the-gentle-ways-of-reading
http://heartofthematteronline.com/planning-for-next-year
http://heartofthematteronline.com/when-motivation-goes-down-the-drain
5 comments:
It looks like you all have had fun with the snow. Hopefully we'll see a little this year too.
Thanks for the links. Those winter doldrums do set in every year. I will check those out for sure.
I hope you are feeling better soon.
I'm sorry you aren't feeling well :( Hopefully you will be up and at 'em soon!
Thank you for the links - I needed those!
Great post.
EXCELLENT family photos!
I want to thank you for the links you put up. I needed them. I appreciate it so much.
Thank you for all the kind comments. I am finally starting to feel better. I ventured out of the house yesterday for the first time in a week. Talk about cabin fever!
Post a Comment