Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Best Laid Plans and What Really Matters

My baby girl all dressed up on Easter morning.

077 101

 

105 

090

(I am including a picture of me because Erica says I never have pictures of me on my blog.)

Don’t let these pictures fool you.

This was not the perfectly planned out weekend with lots of preparation.

But life happens.

Last week I planned to go shopping for Easter clothes and shoes for Hope. Now, this is actually late for me to be doing this but as I have mentioned before we have been dealing with illness and I just had not been able to go.

Our nearest mall is an hour away. I had an appointment with my eye doctor in the same town as the mall so I decided to do a little shopping while there. I knew I would probably have to take Hope again latter in the week but I was hoping to make as few trips as possible due to gas prices. Due to having my eyes dilated and having to get back to church for our spring meeting I didn’t get to shop as long as I would have liked. I couldn’t find anything. I had to make a second trip to the doctor the next day so there went my plans to take Hope back latter in the week.

Then Thursday Hope woke up sick. Again. Friday she had a high fever and it was obvious our weekend plans were not going to happen. Saturday morning I ran to town to do the grocery shopping so we could eat for the next week. I ended up getting a cute dress and shoes “just in case” Hope felt up to church Sunday morning.

Saturday we did color eggs and read the Easter story. We didn’t get to go to the community Easter egg hunt but I really didn’t care because I wanted to spend time focusing on the TRUE meaning of Easter. (Not that I am anti-egg hunting or anything.)

016

031

040

(Obviously not feeling well)

Easter morning we decided to do Sunrise Service at home. It was very special as almost everyone was home and took part. (We really missed Brittany!) We gathered on the porch with coffee and blankets and read scripture and went through the resurrection eggs with Hope.

061

Then everyone got ready for church. And to our surprise Hope felt better, no fever, so we decided it would be fine if Hope and I went to church. We spent a great morning worshipping our Lord and celebrating the fact that HE IS ALIVE!

After church we went to my brother’s house and enjoyed a great Easter lunch and egg hunt with our family.

So while all the planning and preparation never actually took place it really didn’t matter. Because all that really mattered was that we worshipped our risen Lord.

Honestly the best laid plans can go awry because we can’t control everything. But we can have faith in the one who does control everything. Which is so comforting to me, especially on days like today. I had big plans for my day. But (I know this is hard to believe) I woke up sick with what Hope had last week. So I am spending my day resting as much as I can, spending time in His Word, and snuggling with my baby girl.

9 comments:

Sally said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Lecia! Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience. She looks so pretty though.

Lecia said...

Thanks ladies, I think she looked cute and it is a dress we will use all summer.

Sally, I am feeling better, it was a short lived virus.

Amanda said...

Thankfully you adjust to these things much better than I:)

Love the egg picture:)

Lecia said...

Well the pictures don't always tell the whole story! haha

Honestly I think I had just gotten to the point where I had just given up and decided to go with what happened. I really need to do that more often in all areas of my life. All my fretting never changes things anyway and in the end everything usually turns out fine.

Roan said...

I am so glad that your Easter turned out so pleasantly after all. I am also glad that Hope feels better, but I am sorry that you got sick.

Lecia, thank you for always leaving such encouraging comments on my blog. I am happy that my ideas/struggles/etc. seem to inspire you in some small way. :) You are so right that fretting never changes everything....I have to remind myself of that often. I just give myself a pep talk---just do one more thing, just keep going, just keep smiling, etc. And I pray. A lot.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for your kind words. :) I hope you have a good day.

Roan

Susan (Makincrafts) said...

Sounds like it all turned out nicely even if it didn't go as well as planned. I love the idea of a Son rise service with the family.
So sorry you all have to keep dealing with all these viruses. Hopefully with this spring weather all these colds and viruses will end.

Adriane said...

Thank you for posting the reminder. Perhaps one of my biggest flaws is that I can let something that did not turn out as expected shape my day (and not in a good way). Thank you for reminding me to go with the flow and not get caught up in my preconceived details. Thank you for reminding me what's important. :0)

Cinnamon said...

Lecia~ I'm so glad you put in a picture of yourself. It is always fun to see the blogger along with the bloggy family :-)

Your Easter sounded wonderful! Blankets, snuggled up in the living room, reading God's word. Wonderful!

I hope you are feeling better and getting some rest with your sweet Hope.

~hugs~ Cinnamon

Related Posts with Thumbnails