My sister-in-law, Tammy, is one talented lady!
I promised pictures of the cakes she made for Ryan and Hope’s birthdays. Sorry I am just getting around to that.
Ryan’s cake, in honor of his constant (usually soccer related) injuries. Yes, he was in a cast at the time of the dinner.
Hope is very much into tea parties right now so this cake was perfect for her.
Thanks Tammy for always making our family events extra special!
We are still battling illness at this house. Currently it just seems to be allergy related, but still, we have been feeling pretty yucky.
Which brings me to the perspective part of this post.
To be honest, I am a whiner when it comes to a cold. And looking back I have been whining more than my fair share over the last three weeks of a string of illnesses.
Then the other day Ricky told me about something he saw on the news. A young couple with a toddler is facing one of the most difficult things anyone could face. The father was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer. Ten days later the young mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.
As I thought about this, a young mother in my church came to mind. She has been battling cancer since her youngest child has been a year old. She will soon be six. I never hear this mother complain, she is very positive, and is determined not to let this battle change the way she wants to live her life. She is serving God and her family in amazing ways.
Tuesday a mother in my homeschool group told me of the news she got from her amnio. Her fourth child is due in September and they found out they are dealing with Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia. She, too, is giving God all the glory for whatever He brings from this. She is also serving God by serving her family, her church, our homeschool group, and those around her through this difficult trial.
I can go on and on about the news I have heard recently. Each of these families are handling their situation with such grace. And me, well I have been whining about a cold.
I should know better. Seven years ago Ryan tested positive for Cystic Fibrosis. After many months of testing we found out Ryan does not have Cystic Fibrosis but is a carrier. We suspected I was a carrier because I have several family members who have died from this disease. But we found out later that Ricky is a carrier too. For a very long time we thought our son would die early from this disease. Looking back, I know the Lord carried me through that time in our lives.
So while I may be tired of the sickness that is all around our home right now, really it is a MINOR inconvenience. I need to be busy about serving God by serving my family and those around me. There are so many needs out there and God has equipped me to meet many of those needs. He doesn’t need my help, but He is giving me the opportunity and privilege to be a part of what He is doing.
When I look around I realize that it is all in the perspective. We can moan and complain (as I have been doing) or we can go to God and seek His grace, because it is sufficient. It makes me thank God that He is gracious to carry us through whatever we may face in this life. Because if we know Jesus Christ as our Savior this life is but a vapor. Eternity, now that is what matters. When all things are new…
Please join me and take some time today to pray for these families.
6 comments:
Cute Cakes!
You are so right on this!
We all complain so much. Then we see other people who are really hurting and suffering and we are reminded to be thankful and have gratitude. It's our nature to think of ourselves more than others.
So thankful for your reminder today, Lecia.
Praying along side you.
You are speaking right to me, Lecia. With the news of our friend, and my dad, and just all that is happening, I feel so silly whining about whatever I whine about!
Thank you, once again dear sister, for pointing us readers back to Him.
Love to you and all yours!
ps- dare I ask what kind of cake was under the foot frosting?
So true, so true and thank you for the reminder!! No whining!! :)
I love the cakes!! They're amazing!!
Love, Karen
Three things 1) Those cakes are awesome!! 2) I have found myself singing 'Count your blessings name them one by one...' alot lately, trying to stay positive and remember all the blessings He has given us 3) I will say extra prayers for your friends and mine that are going through difficult times. Thank you for the reminder to keep them in my prayers..
I love those cakes!! I have always wanted to be able to do that.
Thank you for your sweet comments and prayers. I appreciate them more than you can know.
~Cinnamon
I love those cakes, she is so talented!
I know after having weeks of sickness it is easy to whine until we hear of others circumstances and realize how blessed we are.
God still works miracles! Will be praying for those families and for God to be with each one through their trials.
Post a Comment