Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sleepless Nights

Yes, there have been some sleepless nights, or at least less sleep nights, around here this weekend.

This would be the reason why…

560

There is a stray mama cat that roams near the preschool where Erica teaches.

Late Thursday night or early Friday morning she had a litter of kittens under the playground slide.

As is typical for her she left and never returned.

After much work on Erica’s part they were rescued and she found homes to nurse them all.

Of course we took one. And we are bottle feeding every two hours around the clock.

Hope is loving every minute of caring for this little one.

Let’s just say he is WELL LOVED.

559

Erica is hoping she can trap the mama cat soon and have her spayed and hopefully rescued.

We are also keeping Hendie this week while Christina is at the beach. Although he sleeps through all the noise and 2am feedings.

561

Here he is waiting for Seth to come out of the shower.

He spent all of Saturday running from window to window trying to get a glimpse of Seth as he worked with Sterling and Ricky putting up new siding on the house.

I almost forgot how tiring it can be to lose sleep. Good thing we are not starting school this week, because I may just spend a little time each day catching a nap.

Come to think of it, there is a lot of learning going on with a newborn kitten to care for and a sad little doggy needing a little extra love and care. What a way to start school!

4 comments:

~Kristin~ said...

How fun!
We love baby kitties around here!
Good luck with your new "baby"...and remember Lecia....Sleep when the baby sleeps! ;o)

Lecia said...

Kristin,
I like the sound of that! If only I could convince everyone else that I need to do that. :)

Amanda said...

It's a good things Sadie is not looking over my shoulder as I'm reading this;-)

She would be jumping through the screen!

Lecia said...

Amanda,
I thought about Sadie, she would love this kitty. I am bringing him to the back to school dinner Friday so she can cuddle with him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails