This week we are getting ready for the kick off of Kindergarten.
Yesterday Hope and I decorated the school room.
We looked through new school books.
And I started filling this:
This cabinet has been in Ricky’s family for years. It was built in the late 1800’s. You should have seen it a few weeks ago. (No, we did not take before pics and I could just kick myself for that.)
My very talented husband took it apart, made repairs, and refinished it.
Now it is our new school cabinet.
Ryan starts back to school today.
Hope will start tomorrow. Very slowly I might add. I just can’t jump right in. I want it to be a great start to a great year. So I have some fun things planned for her. (Sorry Ryan, I can’t think of any fun activities to start off your last year that you would not think is crazy. Or very uncool.)
Stay tuned for pics of our new school room. And our first day.
5 comments:
Lecia! That is beautiful! Ricky did a great job refurbing it, but it looks like a gorgeous piece -- what workmanship! Might need to see this live :) (Live, and L-EYE-ve, not L-EE-ve. Ok, I think I just confured myself!!)
Sally,
You are too funny!! Come on by anytime and take a look. We can have a cup of coffee and chat while you are here.
Love the cabinet, Lecia!
And I had to laugh about you not having something "fun" for your son to do to begin school!
I hear ya!!!
My son would die if I planned a little back to school surprise for him.
Unless it involved a new car or something! Ha!
Happy New Homeschool Year to you.
it's beautiful!!!
I can't wait to hear how your year is.
fyi, we are loving Horizons math!
Thanks a bunch:-)
Kristen, My son is the same way. A car would be about all that would excite him!
Amanda, I am glad to hear you are loving Horizons math. I think we will too!
Post a Comment