Hope’s first day of kindergarten was not your typical first day of school. I really wanted to start our year off with a celebration. I wanted her to look forward to the adventures we would embark on this coming year, not be sad because the carefree days of summer were coming to an end.
So we started our day with a treasure hunt. (I got the idea from Roan's blog.)
I left clues all around the house.
The treasure? A fun day out together including lunch and a new backpack for co-op.
OFF WE GO!!
A yummy lunch together at CiCi’s.
Strolling the toy section at Target
A new doll from AC Moore (Let me just say they have awesome coupons!! We got this “American Girl” doll [shhh, don’t tell it is not REALLY American Girl] for $10.00 with a coupon.)
Sonic Treat
And the much desired book bag for co-op. Perfect since one of her classes is ballet.
I was “gently” reminded by some of my older children that we never did this on their first day of school. Hmmm, no we didn’t. That was before blog land where I get GREAT ideas. Because honestly, I don’t have many creative thoughts of my own. Sorry kiddos!
3 comments:
How fun!
My older kids say the same thing!
I want to spend my first day with you.... :0)
Kristin,
Spending the first day together would be great! Too bad we don't live closer to each other.:)
Lecia,
What a fabulous first day of school! Thanks for linking to my blog. I am not really that creative! I get my great ideas from other people too. It is wonderful that we have each other to learn from.
Thank you for all of your sweet comments on my blog. You always make my day. I have spent the last couple of hours paying bills, sending cards, and doing general paperwork and cleaning out my email inbox. I am just now beginning to read everyone's blog. The soccer game day looked like fun. Kind of like our cross country or 5K race days.
I hope your upcoming school week is super!
Oh, I read another book this week...Brucko by Bruce Olsen. It actually is a Sonlight book, but I enjoyed it so much! He wrote a sequel, and I plan to get it.
Happy Saturday!
Roan
Post a Comment