Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Get-Togethers

We had a great get-together with friends last weekend.

It was actually an end of bible study dinner that was suppose to be couples only.

And was suppose to take place months ago.

But due to illness, conflicts in schedules, the birth of a precious little one, and lack of child care it ended up being a family potluck by the river.

020022

While the dads took the kids down to the river the mamas and babies stayed on the river bank. (Sorry no river pictures, the dads are not the camera kinda dads.)

After some yummy food and lots of water play we all went to see the horses.

027041

039061036

060050

The children (and parents) had a great time feeding and petting the horses and playing on the hay. Ben had an eye level view of the horses, which he loved.  Sadie and Hope, I think these two girls are always going to be great friends. And these boys, they LOVED all this space to run and do “boy things”.

026

Ava had a great time just relaxing and taking it all in. Yes, she is as precious as she looks!

068

Don’t think for a moment that Amanda has given up her hobby since sweet little Ava arrived. This is one multi-tasking mama. Hmmm, Ava may just grow up to love picture taking as much as her mama.

It really did not take much effort to get together with a few families and enjoy a wonderful evening of fun, food, and fellowship. Memories were made and friendships were strengthened. Why don’t we have get-togethers more often?? They are worth the small amount of effort it takes to pull together.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

it's clear you are developing and eye for the camera. Those are somegood pictures of everyone feeding the horses. I wished so dern much we would have given someone the camera to take to the river!!!

such a good post.
so true that it doesn't take much to prepare. just good times with good friends!

I already miss you!!!

Lecia said...

I am learning from you and Erica!

I miss you too!

~Kristin~ said...

Love this!
Wish I lived closer....
Love the phot of Amanda and Ava, just sort of hanging there, waiting for mama to finish. ;o)

Sally said...

That looks like a good time!

Lecia said...

Kristin,
Wish you lived closer too, you would be welcome to join in!

Sally,
We missed you guys!

Cinnamon said...

I love get togethers. Always a blessing and always fun!

Couples only - those are rare - but still cherished as much as getting everyone together :-)

Love the last picture too of the sweet baby hanging out in mama's arms :-)

~Cinnamon

Related Posts with Thumbnails