Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Focus Word for 2012

I really did not have to put a lot of thought into my focus word for 2012.

I have known for some time now what I need to work on.

You see, I am an all or nothing kind of person.

If I can’t read as much scripture as I planned I skip the entire reading.

If I don’t have the time for an hour workout I just don’t workout.

If I can’t clean everything perfectly what is the point?

No great pictures, then no blogging.

Yes, I am a perfectionist. And you know how perfectionists are.

Perfectionists only get things done when they can do it perfectly.

Which rarely (if ever) happens.

So my focus word  for the year?

BALANCE

My goal is not to go into each day with an all or nothing attitude.

Because I am human and I can’t do it all. Perfectly. Everyday.

I am going to do what I can and let the rest go.

Will my house be spotless? No, but will it be cleaner.

Will I read the entire Bible in 3 months? No, but I will read it.

Will I be a size 2? No, but I will be healthier.

Will my blog be full of lovely pictures in every post? No, but I will post.

Will my child be a genius? No, but she will be educated and she will know that God loves her.

The list could go on and on.

But, I am leaving it at that.

I am going into 2012 doing what I can and letting the rest go.

My goal is no longer to do it all but do something. Everyday. In each area of my life.

And next year I will look back and see all the things I accomplished with HIS help. 

Happy New Year!!

May God bless you in all you do and grow you closer to Him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Roan said...

You said it best when you said, "My goal is no longer to do it all but to do something." Yes! That's sounds like a wonderful goal.

I am still trying to pick my focus word. I am leaning towards CHOOSE. I have considered simplify, slow down, and intentional. But right now I am thinking, choose.

~Kristin~ said...

Oh yes!
BAlANCE
It's the key.
And as a fellow perfectionist, recovering at that.
I can understand this sentiment so well.
May balance be yours, Lecia in 2012!
XO
Kristin

Anonymous said...

This was so encouraging. I am so all that you wrote. I have struggled with the balance of Perfectionism and Procrastination for far to long. It is also time for balance in my life. I love this post.

Lecia said...

Praying each of you ladies reach all your goals in 2012!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails