We are getting close to the end of our homeschool co-op for the 2011-2012 school year. We meet on Tuesday mornings at a central church in town and have approximately 85 children in our co-op this year. It is WORK to organize and participate but it is SO WORTH IT!
Here are a few pictures from our co-op the last couple of weeks. The pictures are mostly of the class I am usually in, which is Hope’s 5&6 year old class, but I have been able to sneak out and get a few others.
One of the moms set up a lovely princess party for our God’s Princess class. The children are eagerly listening to a story about being a true princess for God.
Here the girls were learning to walk like a lady. (I mean princess.) Then they had a sewing project. Last week they talked about showing hospitality and learned to properly set a table. Which Hope has practiced several times this week. Most importantly this class focuses on Christ and being a princess to the True King.
I was so impressed with these girls. They were quick to help one another and offer encouragement with their sewing projects.
The young boys and some of the preschoolers are taking a God’s Warriors and a creation class while we are having princess class.
There are also music, history, Royal Rangers, and nutrition classes going on during co-op as well as a self-defense class. And of course I can’t leave out the high school biology class. They are doing dissections right now.
I must say Tuesdays are a little crazy around here. We leave early, spend the morning at co-op, then usually meet at the park for lunch with many of the families. The children spend the afternoon playing, the moms talk, then we usually go on a little walk before heading home.
It does take some planning, not only for co-op but for home as well. I usually plan to have an easy dinner or, most of the time, a crock pot meal on Tuesday. And to be honest some things just don’t get done on Tuesday. But we are okay with that. Because so many other things do get done. We participate in activities we would never do on our own. There is cooperation and compassion that is learned and practiced as we spend time together.
However, I have discovered an even greater benefit of co-op. I have met some of the most wonderful families in co-op. Some I likely would have never met otherwise. We don’t all school the same, run our homes the same, raise our children the same, or even believe the exact same things (although we are a Christian group so it is fellowship with other believers which is extremely important to me.) Our group is a community. Some members closer than others but all supporting each other not only in homeschooling but in life. If a family has a need you can be assured there will be other families there to meet it. Through sickness, deaths, or just everyday stresses and issues that come up in life these ladies are there for each other through prayer, making a meal, watching children, and numerous other ways.
While co-op may be ending for this school year our fellowship will not. We take a short break then meet every Tuesday morning at the park to have have a moms’ bible study while the children play then we will enjoy a picnic lunch together. I am truly thankful for this group of amazing families!
4 comments:
OK, so I didn't know YOU had one too! Love it, and can't wait to st- I mean, read it!! Wooo!!
Co-op has meant everything to me. I love the group and all the support and companionship it's shown me through the years. Proof? This Tuesday. I am struggling to walk, for heaven's sakes, and folks are offering advise, getting my kids, putting them in teh car, just loving on them and me! My heart overflows!
look at that spread of food!
It's positive that I would have NO friends without CHEF.
thankful for every ounce of these women too in my life.(even if co-op is not for this season of my busy infant life:)
looks like I need to catch up with you'uns soon!!!
What a great group. I love get togethers that are both encouraging and stimulating.
Your park days sound fun!
~Cinnamon
Post a Comment