Wow, seems like forever since I have blogged. At times I think about giving up my blog since I don’t write here as much as I would like. And I often feel I have nothing interesting to say. But I have been thinking about the purpose of my blog lately and really my original purpose was to document our days. Which I have not been doing. I have been focusing on writing about something great or exciting we did. Well, everyday is not exciting. But some of my favorite blogs to read are the ones where the writers simply tell about their days. They don’t try to convey some major life lesson or teach something great in every post; they simply share their lives. That is what I want for my blog because one day I want my family to look back and remember our days together.
So I am going to do a quick update on the last month in pictures and I am going to change my blog a bit. Maybe some in looks (when I have time) but mostly in content. It may be a bit boring because well at times our days can be a bit boring. But that is okay because I am documenting our days so I never forget the moments God had given me to here with my family.
We visited our daughter, Brittany, a few weeks ago and had a great time going to museums, visiting, and eating yummy treats. I love to visit her and don’t get to nearly as much as I would like.
My “Baby Boy” Ryan turned 18 this past month. I just can’t believe this one is all grown up. He has always been my baby and I still picture him as the little 4 year old pulling his chair up to the microwave heating his pancakes. Here he is at Christmas with his beautiful girlfriend Emily. She is such a sweet girl and I thank God that he has found a young lady who loves the Lord to spend his time with. I am so proud of all God is doing in his life. He is a hard working, smart, and talented young man.
My little Hope turned 6 in March as well. Where has the time gone?? I honestly don’t know what I would do without this little one. My older children are all growing up and making lives for themselves. God’s ways are always perfect and I am so very thankful He gave me this little one at just the right time.
Finally, more changes are coming to our household. Sterling is getting married in June. Ashley is a lovely young lady that I see growing in the Lord everyday. I know I am not losing a child but gaining one. Still, it is hard to let your children go, you want to keep them little forever. But Sterling isn’t that cute little guy sitting at his Fisher Price table playing with play dough anymore. He is a grown man serving the Lord and making a life for himself. (Of course he is still cute!)
5 comments:
I often feel and think this same way, Lecia.
I am glad you put it into words so easily!
Looking forward to the "every day-ness" of it all.
XO
p.s. Love those last two photos!!
Thanks Kristin. My daughter has a photography business and took these. She did an amazing photo shoot for them.
Sometimes I wonder why it takes me so long to figure out what works for me. I tend to swim upstream so much of the time.
Very thankful for these lovely updates:)
I'll be hanging on the edge of my seat for more!!!
How exciting to have a wedding coming up. Daughter in loves are awesome!
What a fun trip to the science museum. Those are so fun for little ones :-)
~Cinnamon
My favorite blogs to read are those that just relate their daily lives! Anyway, real life is not always exciting or interesting, but how people live their daily lives is interesting to me. I get ideas from other mothers....by reading how they conduct their daily life.
Those pictures are so pretty! And wow! A wedding!!
Post a Comment