Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Monday, June 7, 2010

Busy Time Around Here

I would like to report that I have been so busy decluttering, organizing, and gardening that I have had little time for blogging. But that simply isn’t true. No, I have been too busy with cook-outs, soccer games, used homeschool curriculum sales, visiting friends, lunches at church, graduations, and just plain old running around that I have had very little computer time. I am such a homebody that this is very unusual for me. BUT, I have really enjoyed the fellowship with friends and family. Of course my home is beginning to really show it so now it is time to get busy and do that decluttering, organizing, and gardening that I have neglected!

In the midst of all this activity we have been enjoying some down time as well. A few weeks ago we noticed a very busy mama bird making a nest in the tree in our backyard.

DSCN2436 DSCN2439

 It wasn’t long before she became very agitated whenever anyone got near the tree. Finding her away one day we discovered this.

DSCN2719 DSCN2725

 It is great to see this mama so protective over her young. She is never too far from the tree and quickly approaches when she sees anyone nearby. Of course I understand, as any mama would. I always have an eye out for this little one.

DSCN2711

Don’t let that adorable little face fool you! She can get into more trouble than I can keep her out of. If only I had her energy!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What GREAT photos!
My, you are getting good with new camera.
I love the one with the little beaks peaking out.
So true, any mama would be protective when someone gets near her little ones. I always laugh and say that I can relate mostly to the mama bear with her cubs. Of course it's fun too when I add some honey in the mix that mama is after, because our family is quite fond of the sweet, golden, goodness!
GREAT POST!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Amanda. Those ARE great photos. Your daughter is adorable. =) It sounds like you have been really busy, but with good stuff. I'm glad you are getting some down time too. That's important. Thanks for posting. It was a fun entry to read and great visuals too. (((hugs))))

Related Posts with Thumbnails