Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Evenings

DSCN2805

There is nothing more peaceful than sitting outside on a summer evening, listening to the sounds of nature, watching the fireflies, and feeling the breeze. I remember running around playing in the front yard  as a little girl while members of my family talked on the front porch. Then as my own children came along they, too, loved to run around outside on summer evenings playing flashlight tag, catching fireflies, and “running from the moon” because it seemed to chase them everywhere they went. I am so glad my children have enjoyed those same activities and have made memories they will cherish. Sometimes the simple things are what bring the most pleasure and make the sweetest memories.

DSCN2831 DSCN2822

 DSCN2823 DSCN2824

 DSCN2825 DSCN2826

6 comments:

BS said...

I decided to take a drive out in the "country" this evening because I missed summers in Franklin County. Just as I was thinking, man, it seems early for that corn to be so tall... a plane flew over me that was taking off from the Concord Airport. Well, I TRIED to drive out into the country at least. Haha.

Lecia said...

Hahaha At least we know you miss us! You will just have to come back soon for a visit and enjoy a summer evening with the best family ever!! Love you Britt!

BS said...

I love you guys more:) I'm hoping to come back super duper soon.

Amanda said...

Sweet Post!
I can totally relate.
I am really soaking up the simple things of summer and thank God for them. What a blessing it is to be thankful for these sweet moments in our lives.
Love the pictures!!!

Adriane said...

How incredibly sweet are those pictures! I love to sit on the swing in the evenings and listen to the insects sing and feel the night time breezes. And I agree with your last statement about simple things bringing us pleasure and great memories. Some of my greatest childhood memories are of these same simple things that I enjoy so much now.

Lecia said...

Thanks Amanda and Adrian. I didn't know how those pictures would turn out it was so dark but I just had to capture that sweet moment between Hope and her big brother Sterling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails