Amanda recently called and asked if Hope and I would like to take a little bee field trip. She and Matt had found a local man tending hives and selling his honey. Of course I jumped at the chance to get some local honey AND see all the inner workings of the process.
What an adventure! We all learned so much that day (I will leave all the technical info. to Amanda's post on this. She is becoming a true bee expert!) I will just leave you with the sweet pictures of the children having a great time learning and experiencing all that goes into the yummy honey they enjoy.
Of course I didn’t tell Amanda I am allergic to bees until after our field trip!
8 comments:
Thank you both for coming along with us. I am truly a person who LOVES adventure and you are always ready to join in for some adventure too (even if it is last minute!)
I hope you are enjoying your honey!
Oh, yes we have enjoyed that yummy honey! Thanks for giving me a pint. Wonder who bought all he had?? haha
wow, i'm jealous! glad you had great fun ... and didn't get stung, Lecia!!
Sally,
I am hoping now that you have a second vehicle you can come hang out with us more often!! See what you have been missing??
The pictures of Hope in your blog header are too cute.
I am allergic to Bees as well. Their stings that is. =)
Looks like it was a 'sweet' trip!!
First, Lecia, the blog looks great! I haven't been around in a few days so I was surprised when I came over. The header of Hope is ADORABLE! Second, it sounds like you all had a great time but I'm glad that you didn't get stung!
Thanks ladies for all the kind comments.
Adrian, Our middle daughter loves to take pictures so I must give her credit for the header. I am working on sprucing things up on my blog. Although I must admit, I am not great with directions so it takes me forever to change anything!
Post a Comment