Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Monday, June 6, 2011

Inexpensive Fun

Last night Seth decided to build a fire and set up an area for smores. We invited the neighbors and some other teenagers and young adults and had a great time.

014

023

030

027

We had a great time just hanging out and enjoying time together. I never understand why some people dread the teen years. Teenagers and young adults can be sooo fun!

Today Hope and I met some friends at a local lake and had a great time playing in the water, building creations in the sand, and eating and talking. I only got a few pictures, and none of the group of us, because we were too busy eating and talking. Smile

038

034

035

Summer is such a fun time to hang out and fellowship with those you love. I don’t want to look back at the end of summer and not see any difference in the way we spent our days than any other time of year. It doesn’t even have to cost lots of money. Just grab some friends, make a few treats, and go have some fun!

5 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Oh yes it is that simple and sooo fun!! I love gathering together over a fire for smores with friends. Or at the lake!

~Cinnamon

Amanda said...

fun, fun, fun!!!!
Seth did a wonderful job making a campfire.

funny, we went to WAl-MART last night and Sadie picks up this HUGE bag of marshmellows. I mean huge! she says it's time to have a campfire.

Have you seen those big bags???
If you haven't you need to check them out in the marshmellow isle.


It was such a beautiful day for the lake yesterday and I'm so glad that you got to go. {not to mention that you had really good company with two fine ladies:-)

I hope you didn't worry about Hope too much:)

Can't wait to see you today!!!

Karen Twombly said...

I agree with you on all points!! I love having 3 teenagers and our favorite thing to do is to have a campfire with smores! :) :)
Enjoy your summer!! Looks like you're off to a great start!!
Karen :)

BS said...

Wish I could have been there! I miss nights like that!

Lecia said...

Britt,
We miss you being here! Nothing is as fun without the whole family. Come home soon! Love ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails