Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Monday, June 20, 2011

NaNa

Hope has a favorite blanket.

One Ricky’s mom made while I was still expecting her.

Around 8 months old she began calling this beloved blanket NaNa.

Oh, and this is no ordinary blanket. “She” is a needed part of Hope’s day.

NaNa goes EVERYWHERE with us. And everyone who knows us also knows NaNa.

A couple of years ago NaNa needed some major repairs. So after much searching I found the same fabric. My friend Robin kindly covered one side of NaNa as Hope held on to it. Then a few weeks later after Hope had gotten adjusted to the feel of it she covered the other side.

Sadly, NaNa has recently been in need of some major repairing. Actually, more like recovering.

030032

Yes, she had been carrying it around looking like this. All the while I searched for the same fabric. But it has been discontinued. So we had to settle on a new fabric for the cover of NaNa.

Now, Hope will only let my friend Robin fix her NaNa. (No, I can’t sew. Okay, maybe I can sew a button on, but this? Only an expert will do for NaNa!)  So as soon as Robin could squeeze it into her busy schedule we made an appointment for a little “procedure”.

               033035

We took pictures along the way. Robin holding NaNa’s new “dress” and inserting the tattered NaNa inside.

034 036

037

Hope watching every move of NaNa being repaired.

040

039

We were not really sure how Hope would react to this new outfit for NaNa. Robin kept showing her that NaNa was inside and even told her she could feel it through the “dress”.

Then we waited for the true test.

When Hope was tired, sleepy, or just in need a little down time. Because that is when she would cuddle up to NaNa.

So far, so good. She has made several comments about wanting the old NaNa and I reassure her that NaNa is inside and that soon the dress will feel the same way as NaNa’s old “outfit”.

What a blessing to have a friend who is so understanding about our “attachments” and so willing to go the extra mile to make Hope comfortable with the adjustment.

Thank you Robin. Only you will do as NaNa’s doctor!

6 comments:

Kristina said...

How sweet and what a blessing to have such a wonderful, understanding and gentle friend. I am so tickled to see that NaNa got a new "dress"! You ladies are just so creative!!

Lecia said...

Yes, it is so nice to have such friends. Hope loves Robin (of course we do too!) and we all think it is funny how she will only let Robin take care of NaNa.

Catherine Anne said...

I LOVE it!

Sally said...

That's great! hahaha! Thanks for sharing -- and thinking ahead to take pictures of it all -- you will be so glad you did!

Lecia said...

Yes, Sally I knew she would want to see this when she is older. NOt to mention I thought it might come in handy if she starts crying for NaNa. Proof is in the picture!

Cinnamon said...

That is so sweet! Thank you for the great idea. I have one little guy who has a blankie is growing holes.

What a blessing to have a friend that is such a happy helper!

~Cinnamon

Related Posts with Thumbnails