Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Loss For Our Community

Our community has suffered a great loss.

Her name is Ms. Joyce.

111

She passed away yesterday unexpectedly.

She has been the children’s librarian for, well I am not sure to be exact. We didn’t go to the library when I was a child but I know others close to my age remembers Ms. Joyce doing story hour when they were little.  When I had my own children they all started going to story hour with Ms. Joyce.

Everyone in our community associates our library with Ms. Joyce. To most children here, Ms. Joyce was the library.

Not only did she share her love of reading with thousands, but she shared her love of the Lord. God’s love truly shined through this amazing lady. She dedicated her life to God’s work and served Him so faithfully.

She always had a smile on her face and knew everyone by name.

There is much heartbreak in our community over the loss of this precious lady. But I know there is much rejoicing in Heaven. I am sure she is singing praises to God and greeting all those who have gone on before her.

She will be greatly missed. The library will never be the same.

5 comments:

Sally said...

:'( sigh....

Anonymous said...

Lecia, thank you, beautiful post. May I copy your photo and use it on my personal FB page? We are in shock, but foremost in my mind is that Miss Joyce is in the arms of her Savior. The single thing she would want is that everyone know Him and have this same Blessed Assurance that she's had for so much of her earthly life.

Kristine from the library

Amanda said...

...It's bittersweet.
unexpected.
sad.
and she is missed so much.

Our library will NEVER be able to replace her...

Lecia said...

Just got back from the visitation. Standing in line I heard so many lovely stories about Ms. Joyce. Her life was such a life of service. She touched so many lives. I know she is enjoying life with our Lord.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a blessing to have such a special librarian in your community and oh my goodness....such a loss you all must be feeling. I'm sad to hear of her death and happy to know she knew Jesus. I pray the Lord will bless your community again, with someone who is just as special and passionate in sharing their love for reading and love for Him with your community.

Related Posts with Thumbnails