Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Lovely Ending

Tuesday was our last co-op day for the 2011/2012 school year. I just can’t say enough great things about our year. As I’ve said before our co-op is like a family. I treasure the friendships formed during this year. And I look forward to all the great times yet to come.

(*BEWARE: LOTS of pictures)

We ended our year by having a tea party for our God’s Princess class.

060

Our very own little princess all dressed up and ready to go.

066

The girls made princess wands while we set up the party.

090

What a lovely way for the girls to practice what they have learned about being God’s princess.

088

068

Robin, who has two little girls in the princess class made this cake just for the occasion.

104

112

A lovely group of young ladies who are developing a heart for Christ and for serving others. Thanks Bekah for teaching the girls about loving the Lord and serving others!

I didn’t get around to all the classes but I did make it down to biology for a few minutes. The high school class was not quite as “appetizing” as the princess class. They dissected cow hearts and did their final biology lesson on the heart.

116

123

124

It was a sad day for me in some ways because it was Ryan’s last day at co-op. Next year he will be going to a nearby college to study criminal justice. It will be the first time in 21 years I have only had one child to homeschool. He really finished most of his studies last year with the exception of biology. He has been working and taking this class so really I have been just homeschooling one this year. But it truly is final as far as his homeschooling goes. I am thankful that God gave me another opportunity with Hope.

After co-op classes we all headed to the park and had field day.

127

132

What field day would be complete without yummy treats? Thanks Jennie, Avery, and Jennifer for blessing everyone with popcorn and cotton candy!

133

141

I love this picture of these little girls swinging together.

156

151

And of course we had to have a children against moms kickball game.

While our co-op has come to an end for the year our fellowship has not. After a short break we will be gathering again at local parks to have a moms’ bible study and play day each week for the summer.

Co-op has added so much to our homeschool experience. When my older children were younger we did not have a co-op. We did meet monthly and did lots of fun things together. And I am thankful for those opportunities. But co-op on a weekly basis gives us the chance to take part in activities that we never would on our own. And Hope has developed  friendships with children who are raised with christian values and are learning to love the Lord. I am developing friendships and  finding encouragement and support not only in homeschooling but in my christian walk as well.

If you homeschool are you a part of a support group? I would love to hear how it enriches your life.

2 comments:

Sally said...

IT was a wonderful year! THe children all learned so much, and thanks to co-op, I saw growth in them all! Especially the Little Master! EK ADORED that Princess class - it could not have been more perfect, I don't think!!

Lecia said...

Isn't is amazing how much growth you can see in one year? Watching them interact and learn from each other, show compassion, and learn to serve one another, truly worth all the effort it takes to get there on Tuesday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails