Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sharing a Link or Two

I have a sick little one today and while she is sleeping against me I took a few minutes to read some posts shared on Facebook. Posts that spoke directly to my heart. And stepped on my toes.

If you have a few moments jump over and read these lovely posts. So much to think about.

The Self-Righteous Mommy Syndrome I think most of us have been in this place at one time or another. It is not a pretty place to be. And sadly, I don’t even realize when I am there.

Just Guide Gently This spoke to my heart and brought HUGE conviction in my life. I am not a guider as much as I am a pusher. Lord, help me to gently guide with love and not push out of selfishness.

Finally, I am super excited about a study I am doing with some of my local homeschooling mama friends as well as some new ladies. I have been wanting to join in with the Good Morning Girls over at Courtney’s Women Living Well blog but have never just jumped in and started one. My friend  Sally started a group on facebook to do the Proverbs 31 woman series bible study. I am super excited about this. I am gleaning so much already from this study.

LivingWell

2 comments:

Sally said...

it's going to be great, that study. who knew that kids and wine would mean anything to us homeschool moms, right? On Day 1, I actually started reading the first 2 verses of the virtous woman part, not the first two verses. that threw me -- I was thinking for a moment, "Why are we reading THIS part???" Silly Sally...

Lecia said...

Funny you say that Sally, I usually skip right over Verses 1-9 and I wondered why we were starting with those myself. But, I have gotten so much out of really focusing on these verses. Goes to show it is ALL there for a reason. That is one thing I like about a bible study with others, I have to look outside of myself and what I would usually take from a study and it really stretches me in so many ways.

Related Posts with Thumbnails