Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Thursday, May 3, 2012

NC Zoo

Last week we went to the NC Zoo with my friend Robin and her church school. We LOVE this zoo. Most all of these animals are in huge environments. That means more walking but it is so much better for the animals.

033035

Hope with Alisha and Karissa

059

Lydia, Hope, and Sarah

Hope hung out with some of her favorite young ladies. These girls are beautiful both inside and out and I love that they are great role models for Hope.

047

We loved the cute little Lemar. He looked as if he was posing for the picture.

067

057

This little guy was so CUTE. He had us laughing with all his playful ways. Not the best quality picture as I really had to zoom up on him, but I couldn’t resist including it. He had a blanket or “Na-Na” as Hope calls her blanket.

063

075

079

080

084

085

As you can see the zoo has duplicated natural environments as much as possible for the the animals. It truly takes all day to go through this zoo. But it is so worth it to see the animals happy and well cared for.

094

Hope was very difficult to keep up with. Thankfully there were several of us walking together and we all tried to watch out for each of the children.

095

Of course we had to stop by the gift shop and get a little something special.

It really blessed my heart at one point I heard a lady praise God for His creation as she stood looking at some of the animals. Just a comment she made out loud but what a testimony to those standing near her.

While we have been to this zoo several times we all see and learn new things every time we go. I really enjoyed watching Hope discover all the things around her as she visited again. I want to fill her days with opportunities to see so many things, experience life outside her own little environment. I feel as if I missed that opportunity with my older children. Some circumstances were beyond my control but as I look back I see ways I could have given them so much more. And I know years from now I will look back and regret things I did not do with Hope. But I want to be intentional in raising her. And I am not so sure I was when raising my older children. Thankfully we serve a God of second chances.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails