I was truly blessed by my family this Mother’s Day. Ricky woke up early to make a yummy breakfast.
My baby girl is sick so I didn’t get to go to church. But after the others got home from church Ricky and Ella (Erica) cooked a wonderful lunch and we all enjoyed an afternoon together. I REALLY missed Brittany not getting to be with us but I enjoyed the phone conversation and the loving thoughts she and Erica posted on facebook. Each of my children blessed me a very special way. (Thanks Ryan for the letter under the bathroom door just like when you were little.) Seth and Erica did lots of chores so I wouldn’t have to and Sterling and Ashley brought me something to make the house smell yummy. Hope woke up first thing and ran to me with a little plaque and wished me a happy Mother’s Day. And I received lots of happy Mother’s Day wished from my those who grew up with my children and I have been blessed to watch grow into wonderful young people.
Every year since my boys were little their very best friend Scott has given me a flower he broke off from the bush outside the church. I eagerly look forward to that special flower every year. He is now 24 and a teacher but every year he still gives me my flower. As I mentioned I didn’t get to go to church yesterday and Ricky left after Sunday School so he didn’t get to see Scott. Shortly after church let out Scott showed up at my house with that special flower. He went out of his way to drive here just to give me my flower, then drove back into town to take his sweet mama to lunch. How special I felt.
I am truly blessed to have the most loving children (both my own and the ones I have been blessed to know and watch grow up) and husband.
The other day a lady asked how many children I have. When I told her six she said, “I will pray for you!” as she displayed an obvious disapproval. I thanked her and asked her to make that a prayer of praise because I have truly been blessed with all of my children.
I won’t go into a long rant about the lack of value so many place on children, or the way society sees them as a burden. I will just let my blessings speak for themselves.
Hope you had an amazing Mother’s Day!
4 comments:
The flower -- that is the sweetest thing in the world! And to think that a boy (no offense guys!) even through his teens and into adulthood would remember that -- wow. My heart is all a-flutter!
I am sad to hear Hope is sick, but it sounds like there is still joy in the home! I love you, sweet friend! I can't wait for Saturday!!
Sally,
You are so right. It is very unusual. He is such a sweet young man. He and Sterling, at the age of 18, beat me to the hospital by an hour when I went to have Hope. He stayed all night and was one of the first ones to hold her. LOVE this young man as if he were my own.
I can't wait for Saturaday either!! I am looking forward to spending time with you!
Happy Mothers Day Sweet Mama!
I was at the dentist yesterday when the assistant asked me if I knew what contraception was?????
I say; hmmm, yes, but arent' you glad your mama didn't choose it with you?!!!!
Great Post Lecia!
Amanda,
Happy Mother's Day to you too!! So true, funny how so many are against having children, what if there own mom felt that way?
Sad how people would never think to comment on how many cars, clothes, etc. that someone has but they think nothing of saying something about how many precious children someone has.
Love and miss you Amanda!
Post a Comment