Everyone in my family LOVES chicken and dumplings. (Okay, everyone but Erica. She refers to dumplings as ‘soggy bread’.)
To be honest I have never made good chicken and dumplings. We always request them from my mom because mine turn out, well, like soggy bread.
Last week I decided to try my hand at it again. I found a recipe on a bag of flour, of all places. My dumplings turned out wonderful! I don’t have pictures because dinner time is a little hectic here and by the time I get a chance to take a picture, the food is gone.
Dumplings
2 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup milk (I had to use a little more)
3 Tbsp. oil
Mix together and drop by spoonfuls into boiling broth. Cover tightly and cook on medium-high heat 10-14 minutes. (Do not lift lid while cooking)
I doubled this recipe for my family, which made two large pots of dumplings. I also added a can of cream of chicken soup to the broth and diced chicken to make it a bit more creamy.
Yummy! This will become a part of our monthly meals during the cold weather months.
I've never made good dumplings either. I can make a mean broth and from a good cooked chicken, but the dumpling part, I never seem to get it right. I will surly try this!
i only eat them, but bryan essentially makes biscuit dough, rolls it out super thin,cuts it into strips,then throws them in the pot. his mom just cuts up refridgerated biscuits. cheater. :) lol, i would eat them all if given half a chance! glad you conquered the Dumpling!!
I just recently made homemade dumplings. Usually I cheat and use biscuits or tortillas. They were ok, not great but not bad. I'll have to give this a try. We love chicken and dumplings around here.
6 comments:
I've never made good dumplings either. I can make a mean broth and from a good cooked chicken, but the dumpling part, I never seem to get it right. I will surly try this!
i only eat them, but bryan essentially makes biscuit dough, rolls it out super thin,cuts it into strips,then throws them in the pot.
his mom just cuts up refridgerated biscuits. cheater. :) lol, i would eat them all if given half a chance!
glad you conquered the Dumpling!!
Good for you! Doesn't that feel so good?
Love, love, love, chicken and dumplings but we can no longer eat chicken. I am thinking since I read this I need to make some pea dumplings.
My family and I LOVE chicken and dumplings! Sometimes I cheat and use Jiffy mix, but I look forward to trying your recipe out! Thanks!
I just recently made homemade dumplings. Usually I cheat and use biscuits or tortillas. They were ok, not great but not bad. I'll have to give this a try. We love chicken and dumplings around here.
Post a Comment