Menu planning, this is a weak area for me. So I decided to jump in and link up with Laura over at I’m An Organizing Junkie.

Breakfasts and lunches are usually help yourself and consist of cereal, bagels, oatmeal, and pancakes for breakfast, salads, sandwiches, or leftovers for lunch.
This week for dinner we are having:
BLT, applesauce, fresh fruit
Pinto Beans, cornbread, roasted veggies
Spaghetti, toast, carrots and dip
Gravy, biscuits, sausage, fried apples
Chicken Manicotti (a new recipe I am trying), salad, garlic bread
Sloppy Joes, seasoned fries, apple slices, broccoli and dressing
Homemade Pizza
I decided to plan for seven dinners and then decide what night worked best for what meal.
We actually started this Saturday and I am finding it is really nice knowing what meals I have on hand. I have known for some time now that menu planning would make things run more smoothly around here. So why has it taken me so long to actually do it?
What are your favorite ‘go to’ easy meals?
6 comments:
what days may I come for dinner?
Any day you would like! I'll put the coffee on...
Lecia, this is what I have been using for a few weeks:
http://www.theprojectgirl.com/2009/01/19/menu-planning-form-free-download/
I used to just use scrap paper, but there is something to having it shizzed up a bit that makes it better. I need complete control of the day -- Hello, My name is Sally Micro-manager!-- and having all the meals covered is HUGE for me. I. Can't. Stand. being asked "What are we going to eat?" or any variation on that question...I must be prepared!
The meals you have put together sound yummy, and I think I have enough gas to stop for one of those meals on the way to the Minute Market...I think...
Sally,
Come on by anytime, you don't even have to knock, just come on it!
I am going to RUN over to that site. My current menu plan is on a scrap piece of paper, hanging on the fridge...
I am in such a dinner rut!!! I started menu planning last week, too, and LOVE that all I have to do is look at a paper to see what is for dinner... By 5:30 I am too tired to try to think up something for dinner! :) Thank you for adding the links, I am going to look them up!
Menu planning really is easy and really doesn't have to take that long and it is so helpful. I find that it eases my mind so much! I hate having to figure out whats for supper. By that time of the day I am exhausted and really don't want to have to think.
Oh and your post on Chicken and Dumplings, which I love, had me craving dumplings. Since we can't have chicken I made Peas and dumplings last night. I had really forgotten about dumplings until your post it was a great reminder and now I have something to add to my list of meals.
Post a Comment