Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spring Fever

Okay, I almost feel guilty posting this in light of the huge winter storm that has hit so much of our country over the last few days. I mean, we really haven’t had a harsh winter at all here. Nothing like last year. Our winter has mostly been cold and wet, with a little snow here and there. But to be honest, if it is going to be cold, I would have really liked a little more snow to go play in.

Yes, this sounds like complaining. Once a speaker at our church said that the weather is always perfect because it is from the hand of God. So true. And in my imperfect state I complain. So we have been trying to keep busy during our recent onset of cabin fever.

022027

042038

Outside nature walks with our Care Bear and Ace on a cold day.

007017

And on a snowy day. (Yes, we have to put bread out for the birds on the playhouse or Ace eats it all! Smile)

We have also been doing a little crafting.

019023

There are Ryan’s basketball games to attend. (Where Hope runs around before, during, and after to burn up all that energy.)

081

Last weekend we had a wonderfully warm day. We spent most of the day outside. And it created a little spring fever in me. And in some other moms as well.

Because this past week Amanda had the great idea to meet at the park for lunch, some playground time, and a walk on the nature trails. JUST what we needed! Of course I forgot my camera so there are no pictures here but just take my word for it, it was wonderful! Yes, it was COLD, but we had a great time. We all ended up at the library after our fun park day and the children read books and played on the computers while the moms talked. We decided to do this every week, regardless of the cold. And I have a feeling spring will be here before you know it. (At least that is what the ground hog said!)

12 comments:

~Kristin~ said...

I know what you are saying...really. But, I am so ready for flip flops and flowers! ;o)

Susan (Makincrafts) said...

I hate to complain too, but I have been in need of some warm sunny days. This year seems to have been the coldest for me, I use to be so hot natured, never got cold, never wore a coat but this year I seem to be freezing constantly.

Lecia said...

Susan,
Somehow for me the cold doesn't seem so bad if we have snow. But just cold, wet days, well that is a different story.

Kristen,
Oh yes, flip flops and flowers, can't wait!!

Amanda said...

almost 44 days til spring...

again, I'm not counting:)

Roan said...

Lecia,
About carving out time to read....I read at night in bed (using my iPad so I can read in the dark), and I also read in the mornings either before or after I run. Usually I sit in the bed or on the couch with my 5yo while he watches Handy Manny. I can block out the tv noise, and it keeps him happy because he likes to sit right next to me for a little (or long) while when he first gets up. I also keep my books (or iPad) with me while in the car. I read in little snatches while waiting for the kids at piano lessons, when my husband runs in a store for a minute, etc.
Sometimes (not very often!) I can sit in the den and read in the afternoons---after school but before I must be cooking. This does not happen often because there is always laundry or housecleaning to do. I can read in the midst of the kids running around.
I also stay up too late some nights reading.

Hope you can find some time to read!
Roan

Lecia said...

Roan,
Thank you for sharing how you make time for reading. HOpe loves to snuggle every morning too so I may try this.

Sally said...

if we didn't have the bad, the good wouldn't be so great...
i had a great time on our walk, and i told amanda on her post that i was bringing umbrellas next time (if i can find them, mind you) so that not even rain will stop me! :)

Lecia said...

Sally,
Oh how true, the bad does make us appreciate the good! The umbrellas sound like a plan!

Unknown said...

I always tell myself if I can just get through February, spring will be right around the corner!

I saw the pictures on Amanda's blog of your picnic and nature walk. How nice...to do anything like that here, we'd have to wade through about 14" of snow! I guess it would make for a terrific workout, if I didn't pass out from the exertion! :)

Anonymous said...

It was great to read one of your posts again! I have been so out of touch with my blogger friends this fall and winter season, but tonight I decided to just take some time to read some blogs that are special to me. I enjoyed reading this and I'm with you on wishing there was a little more snow here. We've had some cold days and a little snow here and there along with plenty of rain. Not bad at all, but it sure will be nice when it's a little warmer and a lot sunnier outside!:) I do love cooking & baking which the cool weather allows for more comfortably, though. How fun to get out with Amanda & enjoy the outdoors with the kids. GREAT idea! Thanks for the enjoyable read. It's wonderful that you have friends to do fun activities with and it will make the winter go by faster.:) Blessings to you! (((hugs)))

Lecia said...

Jenn,

We decided we would do this together every Tuesday after co-op unless it is raining at the time. Even in the snow, but 14 inches, that is a little much.

Jana,

I am honored that you stopped by here as you read some blogs that were special to you. I was very excited when I saw you had a new post up. Love reading about the great experiences you have as a family.

Rodney said...

Hi! I like the deer head addition to your pics I am a pastor/hunter:)

Anyways my wifes name is Annette (pastors wife)and she just opened her blog to public setting as she wants to be an encouragement and blessing to people. I was trying to be an encourage her by asking if you would be willing to stop by and say hi as she does not know many people in the blog world? Thank you for considering. Her blog is

http://continuedwonder.blogspot.com/

Thank You,
Rodney(Annette's husband)

Related Posts with Thumbnails