I am linking up with Sue this week for The Homeschool Mother’s Journal
In my life this week…
I have enjoyed many wonderful conversations (and a fun lunch out with Trish this week and Jennie and Lisa last week) with many of my homeschooling mom friends. What would I do without their Godly friendships?
In our homeschool this week…
Ryan started reading Pilgrim’s Progress with his co-op class in addition to their regular science class and lab. Hope started a new art class at co-op with Mrs. Amanda. Of course we have been doing our usual lessons too, but it is always fun to start something new!
Places we are going and people we are seeing…
This week Ryan has been busy with work, basketball, and soccer. He is older now and so much of his time is spent doing things with his friends and other adults.
We had co-op and Hope and I had a fun playtime at the park with Amanda and Kim.
Lunch out with Trish. It is so nice just to get out and enjoy some relaxing time with a close friend.
Ricky and I are going to a couples’ dinner out Saturday night with some other families. We are also attending Seth and Sterling’s church Sunday for a special service.
My favorite thing this week…
A rainy Thursday at home, reading with Hope.
What is working/not working for us…
The Charlotte Mason method of learning. I wish I had known about this when I first started homeschooling many years ago. Hope’s education will look very different from the older children’s education. (Yes, I started homeschooling THAT many years ago! There were basically two publishers and it was really school at home, not home education. There is a HUGE difference.)
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
I am already thinking about all the things I want to plan for next year.
A photo (or several) to share…

6 comments:
great week!!! i will miss you all saturday -- henry has begun his cough, and tonight willbe very telling as to adaleide's condition!
Oh no Sally! I am so sorry to hear you are dealing with sickness again.
Praying those sweet little ones are well soon! You guys will be greatly missed!
this is kind of like the simple womans daybook.
I love it!
Lecia,
It is good to read that Charlotte Mason's time honored principles have helped you create the kind of home education that speaks to your heart and mind. I too, have found her principles to be valuable and sensible guidance. Thank you for sharing (with joy) how they work in your home, especially now with little Hope.
Karen A.
Glad you found something that works for you! We are changing things up a bit here too.
Home education is a process. It is what Karen refers to as an education that has been "worked out". Perfect description. Each family must work out what is best from them.
Post a Comment