Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Growing Up

 

006

Yes, my little Hope is growing up.

She turned 5 yesterday.

I can hardly believe it.

It seems like I just brought that sweet little baby home from the hospital. Now, she is growing into a little lady.

She wanted a tea party on her birthday. Her friend, Sadie, just celebrated a birthday as well. And we had to miss it because of strep throat. So Amanda and I decided to have a tea party for both of them on Hope’s birthday. We invited a few little girls and made a few treats. Nothing fancy, but something very special in the eyes of two little girl.

038

040

The brothers of the little girls attended as well. Although I am not sure they were very excited about the thought of a tea party. (We promised them they could just eat and play, but they ended up enjoying the yummy treats alongside the girls. Although I doubt they will ever admit they attended a tea party.)

043 

The children really enjoyed decorating their own cupcakes. (And it saved lots of work for me!)

046045 

                     050048

                     049051

(For the sake of not embarrassing the boys in the future, like when they are 16, I will not post pictures of them decorating the cupcakes with princess sprinkles.)

Yes, Hope is growing into a young lady. And we are so excited to see all that God is going to do in her life.

I am so thankful the Lord blessed our family with her. She brings so much joy and happiness into our home. I just can’t imagine a day without that sweet little face and excited little personality. We love her more than any words could express.

8 comments:

~Kristin~ said...

5 years is like a blink of the eye.
Happy Birthday to the birthday girl!

BS said...

I can't believe that she has gotten so big! Not a baby anymore :( I'm so excited to see you guys this weekend!

Lecia said...

I know, I can't wait to see you Britt!

Sally said...

It was a great tea party! I wish I had felt better!!!

Amanda said...

Five is such a BIG age:)

We had such a fun time. Thank you for opening your home up to us all!!!

Lecia said...

Thank you ladies for making this a special time for Hope and Sadie.

Sally, I hope you are feeling better!

Kristina said...

Lily will be 5 soon, too. They grow up so fast, dont they!! I love the idea of letting the kids decorate their own cupcakes!!
Happy Birthday Hope!!!

Adriane said...

Happy Birthday, Hope!

I loved seeing her tea party. Tea parties are so much fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails