Last week I was having a really tough day. To be honest, it was several tough days. Nothing major had happened, it was just lots of little things that added up to cause me to get to that breaking point. You know, that breaking point where the smallest thing will bring you to tears. A wonderful friend knew I was having a rough day and when she called it was obvious to her I was upset. The next day she showed up with a beautiful pot of tulips, and a gift bag with hazelnut coffee, a mug, chocolate, and a card. This act of kindness blessed my heart more than words can say. Yes, those teary few days of overreacting to every little thing is behind me. (Well, for now anyway!) But the lesson I learned will hopefully be with me each day. God's word tells us in I Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. This dear friend went out of her way to encourage me through an act of kindness that will never be forgotten. She put action to her words and used her time to encourage me. How often do I do this? Or am I too busy serving myself to serve others? She says I am her mentor, but honestly, God has taught me so much by bringing her into my life. She is a Godly woman who loves her family, is eager to serve them, and spends her time storing up treasures in Heaven as she goes about her days encouraging and building up others.
Thanks Amanda!! (http://www.homegrownandbeeyoutiful.blogspot.com/)
5 comments:
I had to come back to this and post a comment after I had a moment...You are so kind to post these thoughful words....I really don't feel much like this woman you are talking about but I am snatching these sweet words and will treasure them FOREVER! You are truly my Titus 2 mama and I am grateful that you are in my life!!!!!!
Hi! I saw your post on passionate homemaking, and for the life of me can't figure out howto post comments on that blog!!! How do you do it? Is it maybe because I am viewing it from a mobile device?
Thanks!
-Christina
What a sweet post! It is a blessing to have such wonderful, encouraging friends! And quite a reminder for me to remember to serve others too. :0)
Amanda, I am thankful that God chose to bring us together as friends. I think He has big plans for us as we serve our families and others in the community.
Christina, I am glad you stopped by my blog. I love the Passionate Homemaking blog and try to read there often. I think I just posted as a guest, I think there was a something near the comment box that indicated guest. To be honest, I don't remember that well how I did it.
Adriane, Yes, it is wonderful to have such friends. I also need to be reminded often to be a servant to others.
It is so hard to come by such a wonderful friend. Amanda sounds like such a blessing! God is so good!!
Post a Comment