Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Monday, April 5, 2010

Just Another Page In The Book Of Life



I awake to Erica knocking on my door, she is sick with the dreaded stomach virus, again. This of course wakes Hope, who comes crying, holding her head. After examining her head, thinking she bumped it, I find a tick. I remove the tick, apply antibiotic ointment, and give Erica some medication. After settling Hope down, I go to the car to get my camera and upload the Easter pictures for my blog. Of course Ricky left the camera at my brother's house. I then dig through the van for an inhaler for Seth, who is having an asthma attack. He had left his inhalers at his girlfriend's house. After seeing the boys off to work Hope informs me she wants breakfast, the same one she had for Easter. After fixing her a plate of waffles, whipped cream and strawberries I decide to go back to bed. Only I notice the time, it is 5:30, time to START my day. When I tell Ricky what has happened so far, his only comment was, "Just another page in the book of life for our family." True, very true. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. Okay, maybe I would like a little more sleep. And there are days when I am a bit overwhelmed and need a little time out. But I am finding those times are usually due to my own desire to do things that are not a part of God's plan for me. When I take on only what He has for me, then I will not be overwhelmed. It is when I start to do things my way that I find I can't handle it all. Matthew 11:28-30 says, "Come to me all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden light." He has given me the ministry of my home. I just need to follow His plan for that and not my own. I love my family and I am so blessed to have them! Now, I am off to brew another pot of coffee.
(I will do that Easter post, as soon as I go to my brother's and get the camera!)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

such a typical photo of any mama in the morning!!! and yes, it is just another page in the book of life! Thank you for keeping it real for me!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails