Being the youngest of six Hope has many people she looks up to. I often see her imitating what one of the other grown (or almost grown children) has said or done. (Sometimes this is a good thing, and well, sometimes not so much!) She also looks up to her big cousin Connor. They have always had a great relationship and are the best of buddies. She wants to do everything he does. Thankfully he is a very sweet little boy who is kind and sensitive. (Can you tell I love him to pieces??)
Who do you look up to? Yes, as Christians we are to pattern our lives after Christ. But what does that look like in real life? Who do you look to as an earthly example? There are several Christian women I have gotten to know really well this year as we have attended homeschool co-op together, met for moms' nights, and enjoyed fellowship as we crafted together. Many of these ladies have inspired me to be a better wife, mom, teacher, friend, and christian. As I have surrounded myself with like-minded women striving to be Godly women I have found myself desiring to make changes in my own life. I see Christ in them as they live out their lives serving their family. Are these ladies perfect? Of course not. They are human and humans sin. But the difference is they desire to be Christ like. They want to live out His Word. They make mistakes, confess, and get back on the path God has before them. We need to be careful to surround ourselves with Godly people who are striving each day to live according to God's Word. We, as Christians, need to encourage each other and be an example to each other. Not only to those in the world, but to those living in our own homes. Our children look to us to be the earthly example of Christ.
Who do you look up to? And who is looking up to you?
2 comments:
so true...we must be very careful who we CHOOSE to surround ourselves with..once we are around ungodly chatter and other women we begin to take on the same charecteristics. This time last year I was in that place. It has been our faithful Father who listened to my prayers, answered them and my cup is overflowing now!
Very important....we do need to be wise about who we spend the majority of our time with because we will rub off on each other. I love to be with other godly women & it's so important to really look at the fruit in their lives and to be sure the fruit in my own life is growing as a result of my walk with the Lord. Great post, very thought provoking. (((Hugs))) to you! Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment