We decided to do sunrise service at home this year. This was the first time in 25 years we had not been at our church sunrise service. But I wanted it to be more than just routine, I wanted it to be special and have meaning to our family. The sunrise can be seen from our screened in porch so we gathered there early with blankets and coffee to keep us warm. Ricky read the resurrection story from the children's Bible so Hope could understand it, then he read it from Scripture. We also did the resurrection eggs with Hope. I was amazed at the way she guessed what would be in the egg she was about to open based on the scripture I read to her. It was obvious it was becoming real to her. After a time of worship and prayer we enjoyed a breakfast of homemade waffles, strawberries, and whipped cream before heading off to Sunday School. What a special time of worship for our family!
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
A Very Special Sunrise Service
We decided to do sunrise service at home this year. This was the first time in 25 years we had not been at our church sunrise service. But I wanted it to be more than just routine, I wanted it to be special and have meaning to our family. The sunrise can be seen from our screened in porch so we gathered there early with blankets and coffee to keep us warm. Ricky read the resurrection story from the children's Bible so Hope could understand it, then he read it from Scripture. We also did the resurrection eggs with Hope. I was amazed at the way she guessed what would be in the egg she was about to open based on the scripture I read to her. It was obvious it was becoming real to her. After a time of worship and prayer we enjoyed a breakfast of homemade waffles, strawberries, and whipped cream before heading off to Sunday School. What a special time of worship for our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I will have to make sure I am their for breakfast next year! and the coffee!
it sounds like a very meaningful morning, friend!
I thought about you as I was sitting on my screen porch watching the same sunrise and holding a croupy child wrapped in a blanket. I am glad you had a special worship time. I also thought about the sunrise over 2 thousand years ago and the special meaning it holds for all believers. Hallelujiah! HE is RISEN!!
Post a Comment