Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Monday, April 12, 2010

God Made It



We have a large blooming pear tree in our backyard. Early in the spring we pointed out the buds and talked with Hope about how God would give us beautiful blooms from these little buds. She would look at the tree often, waiting for those blooms. One day she came running to me, grabbed my hand and told me to close my eyes, she had a surprise for me. She led me to the tree and shouted, "Surprise!!" I opened my eyes to see the buds were now beautiful blooms. Seth asked her if she did that, to which she replied, "No, God did!" What a blessing to know that she recognizes God in the world around her!
It is easy to get carried away with what the world thinks is important. According to the world a four year old should be able to recite the alphabet, count to a certain number, write their name, etc. While there is nothing wrong with doing those things I want so much more for my precious children. I want them to know God. I want them to live every moment for Him. I want their lives to be lived for Him. We can't wait until we think the are "old enough" to understand. We must begin to show them His love and care in the world around them from the beginning. I am so thankful the Lord has given me this ministry. Now I must be diligent in carrying it our for His glory.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

...thoughtful...we do get so wrapped up in the'academic' part of education that we tend to overlook the little things. If we can keep our hearts and minds focused on God with training our children then if they never learn a thing but knowing and loving Him with all of their heart....that's enough for me!

Kristina said...

That is exactly what I want for my daughter, to be so focused on Gods love that all else doesnt matter.

Tiffany said...

"Train up a child"... that is why we homeschool so we can put the emphasis on God that is so lacking in the public school. I have to admit that lately I have been slack in doing that, (how does one put the emphasis on God in Algebra?) but this is a good reminder of why we started out homeschooling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails