Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Monday, March 29, 2010

Celebrating Our Risen Lord



This week I want to focus on celebrating our risen Lord. I want Hope to understand that Easter is about Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. I want her know what Christ did for us so that we can have eternal life. And I want to celebrate that in my own heart. I have many ideas about how to do that swirling around in my head. We will be reading about the events that lead up to the resurrection throughout the week from her children's Bible. We will be doing several Easter crafts that I plan to post about. I also want to use the Resurrection Eggs several times this week and again this weekend when we gather with family to help her and the other children at our family gathering understand the true meaning of Easter.
This brings me to the struggle Christians often face when it comes to Easter. Should we include bunnies, eggs, and other worldly symbols in our Easter celebrations? Each family must decide this for themselves. As for our family we use the things the world associates with this time of year to teach about our Lord. The Resurrection Eggs are a great example of this. Matthew 4:19 says, And He said unto them, "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men". Now I do not fish so I do not know anything about what bait is used for different types of fish. But I do know that fishermen use bait to attract the fish. And they choose the bait they will use based on the type of fish they are trying to catch. As a fishermen of men I must use what will attract others and reach them for Christ. Seth and I were recently discussing this and he was telling me about a sermon he had heard on the radio. The pastor said that while we do not change the message we must change the method if we are to reach the lost for Christ. So this week I am using a method that I believe will reach little ones with the message of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ and what that means for our eternity.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am excited to see what you are up to this week in your homeschool for Easter! You have some wonderful ideas. I love the idea of the resurrection eggs!

Sally said...

these eggs are quite the talk of the town, aren't they?

Related Posts with Thumbnails