We enjoyed a great field trip last week at an agriculture center. The children had a wonderful time learning about sheep, chickens, cows, and pigs. They mixed the feed for the lambs, helped with shearing, fed the sheep, rubbed a VERY large pig soon to give birth, and played in the chicken coop. (This was the only time I could actually keep up with Hope!)

Helping with shearing

"Sneaking" up on the chickens

After many attempts at trying to catch a chicken a sweet young gentleman in our group caught one and gave it to her to hold. (Thanks Reed!)

Getting a ride with Mrs. Tiffany
(All that chicken chasing tired her out!)
We shared a wonderful afternoon with our homeschooling friends learning about God's creatures. After a bath and an early dinner Hope went to sleep around 6:30 and slept all night! (I think we need to live on a farm!)
3 comments:
sounds like we missed a fun time! We will be looking forward to the next one!
oh what fun!!! did you snag some wool, LOL?
I must say i slept well too and yes, Sally I did snag some wool! It is yours.
Post a Comment