Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Saturday, March 13, 2010

His Perfect Timing

I have recently been reading in Exodus during my quiet time. God's people suffered greatly under Pharaoh. I am sure they cried out to Him many times for deliverance. We know how the Lord delivered them. We have the benefit of knowing how the story ended. But I suspect many wondered if He heard their cries and felt their prayers to Him where unanswered during that time of waiting. There are many other examples in God's Word of His people waiting on Him and He is always faithful to bring about His will in their lives according to His timing.
Our own family has been going through a time of waiting. For some time now we have been praying for a larger home. Not because we want bigger or better, but because we have outgrown our home. The Lord blessed us with the purchase of eight acres several years ago and we were sure we would soon be building. Then my husband had an accident two years ago and building was put on hold. Our eight acres still awaits us if it is God's will for us to be there. We are in a time of waiting. While we do not know the end of the story of this time of waiting we do know God knows our need. And He is faithful and will meet that need in His timing. During this time I have learned not to look at the circumstances around me but to look to God, who can change my circumstances in the blink of an eye. And I trust Him.
Just this morning He gave me a wonderful reminder of that. According to the weather forecast we were expecting rain until Tuesday. We have been enjoying the beautiful sunshine and warm weather this past week and I must say I was disappointed that the weekend would be rainy and dreary. In addition my husband has office duty this morning and not many clients were likely to venture to the lake on a dreary rainy day. But I awoke to this:

My anticipation of a dreary weekend was based on what I could see, the weather forecast. The beautiful warm sunshine streaming through my bedroom window this morning was a reminder from God that He is greater than what we see and His timing is perfect. We never know when His blessings may be right around the corner. I must remember that I need to take my eyes off what I see and look to the Lord for His perfect timing.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Lecia, what a refreshing post to read. I think God uses these beeyoutiful days to show us that he very much IS in control and just how powerful he is! Thanks for this gentle reminder of this and for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails