Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)

Saturday, March 6, 2010

What is in a name?

After many years of reading blogs and growing and learning in ways I never imagined because of the encouragement and instruction I have received from other Godly women, I have decided to join the world of blogging.

The name Cultivating Hope is based on two reasons. One being the basis of our Christian lives.Biblical hope is not the wishful thinking of the world. Biblical hope is confident expectation. It is a firm assurance regarding things that are not seen. Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1 As Christians our lives are lived in the expectation of the coming of the Lord. We have joy, not because of our circumstances, but because of our faith in the one who is in control of our circumstances. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 Accepting Jesus Christ as my savior changed the course of my life. This life is but a small part of my future. Knowing my eternity is with Jesus Christ has given me a different outlook on my life here. And a confidence and peace about my future. As my husband and I have prayed for our six children and taught them about the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for them we have been cultivating that hope in our home.



The second reason for the name Cultivating Hope is the gift the Lord gave us almost four years ago. At that time we had been blessed with five children ages 20-12. We were given the unexpected blessing of a sixth child, a little girl we named Hope. Her name was one my grandmother had wanted us to name our fourth child. She passed away the fall before I found out I was expecting our special gift from God so we decided to honor my grandmother by giving our baby that name. At the time we did not realize just how much her name would fit her role in our family. She has brought hope to our family and I have seen the hand of God move in our family since that time in ways I would have never imagined.

So this blog is about our family's journey, with a huge focus on our homeschool with Hope as we cultivate her life of hope in the Lord.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Lecia, I love your new blog! You are a Titus 2 mentor for me and I am very excited to follow your new blog to see what your sweet family is up to but most importantly to learn!

Tiffany said...

Lecia, Thank you for sharing and being such a beacon out there for all to see. May the God of all Hope bless you and your family as you fill the world with some good Christian electrons. Tiffany

Sally said...

I have read and re-read this post, Lecia! I am so glad to have you here with us on this bloggy sort of journey. (hugs)

Jenny said...

I love your insights and look forward to reading more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails